Scared as h_ll......

My question is 2 part. The first is concerning my Aunt. She was just diagnosed with the condition about 4 months ago and now i am just about to go over the edge. She is 71 yrs old. The man she got it from we found out died about 5-6 years ago. She has developed dementia and it seems like it was all of a sudden. Her count was 37 the first time and the second time it was the low 20's. She can not walk or feed herself, always laying down and sleeping. Can you tell me where are we headed with her condition?

Second Part I have been with my husband for 13 years now. We have 3 kids ages 10,8 and 2. I don't recall the DRS. doing an HIV test but there have been a lot of things on my mind in addition to reading the different forums and websites for information. For starters, i was diagnosed with herpes 1988, pid early 1989 and appendectomy 1990 and tubal 2001. Since then i haven't had any major illnesses other than the birth of my kids. I haven't had an herpes outbreak since the original that i can remember. My problem is i noticed a spot on my upper back and it has been there for about 5 months now. This young lady at my job noticed and asked me to go and get it checked out. I can't remember what was there before. Anyway, as i started reading the websites i really got paranoid. It seems like i am having all of the symptons now, i have scraped my tongue until it is sore....worried about oral thrush. My neck is swollen but i work with physicians and nurses and i have had a couple of them to look at my neck and they say it is a swollen muscle not swollen lymph nodes. Please explain to me what you can about the condition especially when it comes to herpes, lymph nodes, skin infections. I am freaking out...Please help!!!!!! What is the deal. Out of 13 years should there be some indication in women specific infection. I know that CBC will not diagnose but i have had those and my Endo did a lot of bloodwork a couple of months ago because of my borderline diabetes. I am freaking out. Please help i am about to go crazy!!!!!

I'm sorry to learn of your aunt's condition. She has fairly advanced disease from the sound of your description and her low CD4 cell count. Where are you headed with her condition? I hope you are headed to a competent and compassionate HIV specialist who can help care for your aunt's illness. The virus really doesn't care if you're 17 or 71. Someday, the world will wake up and realize that this virus does not discriminate. It takes all comers!

Your second question should be directed to our forum on HIV Prevention and Safe Sex, not this Forum on Fatigue and Anemia. Briefly, I'll let you know the answer to your problems is stated in your question: "I really got paranoid. It seems like I am having all the symptoms now . . . . I'm freaking out." This seems to me to be the root of your problem. You are "worried about thrush," so you scrape your tongue raw? Your doctors tell you that you do not have swollen lymph glands, and yet you worry they are. HIV is not your problem. None of your symptoms is suggestive of HIV. If you've been at risk, get HIV tested. If not, seek the help of a therapist or counselor.

Shocking Condom Statistics
Abnormal Lab results treated with iron only