Shocking Condom Statistics

URL: http://www.epigee.org/guide/condomfaq.html#std

Do condoms protect against sexually transmitted disease?

Latex or polyurethane (plastic) condoms are useful in helping to prevent certain diseases, such as HIV and gonorrhea. However, they are less effective protecting against herpes, trichomoniasis, and chlamydia. Condoms provide almost no protection against HPV, the cause of genital warts and cervical cancer.

Are condoms a good way to keep from getting AIDS?

Condoms will reduce your chance of infection, compared to having sex without any form of protection. Nonetheless, one in three AIDS victims will contract the disease from an infected partner despite 100 use of condoms. One study found that among married couples where one partner was HIV-positive, 17 of the uninfected spouses contracted the disease, despite the use of condoms. The best way to prevent AIDS is abstinence. More about HIV/AIDS....

"Nonetheless, one in three AIDS victims will contract the disease from an infected partner despite 100 use of condoms. " - I was shocked to see this statistics. I was thinking there is something like 2 possibility of infection if you use latex condom ?

I think, that site has some wrong information. What do you say ?

Thanks

from Fremont( Hi Neighbor ! )

Hello Neighbor!

The statement that "one in three AIDS victims will contract the disease from an infected partner despite 100 per cent use of condoms" is pure doggy do-do! This is not a statistic; it's a piece of propaganda for folks who believe the only way to prevent AIDS is by abstinence. Sure, I agree that abstinence will indeed prevent HIV and other STDs. It's also absolutely not a viable option for most warm-blooded normal human beings. Me, for instance!

Let me show you how these loose associations can be misleading. Every year, lots of birds migrate to the South in the fall. Within several weeks, snow falls in the North. Therefore, the "fact" would be that "Birds flying south are the cause snow fall in the North." See what I mean? Pure doggy do-do!!!!

I totally agree with you, good neighbor - the information on that site is indeed "shocking," mainly because it's so misleading as to be dangerous. Hopefully everyone reading this forum knows latex condoms properly used are extremely effective in preventing the transmission of HIV and many other sexually transmitted disease. I never leave home without them!

Stay well.

How long does Procrit take to work?
Scared as h_ll......