Re: Got Tested (Please Post)

Doctor!

I am negative, nonreactive, just like you predicted. I guess thats why you are an expert and get paid the big bucks because you actually know what you are talking about :)

As promised, I would like you to post this message for others who are living with the fear of potentially being HIV infected. PEOPLE. LISTEN FOR GODS SAKE! DO NOT self diagnose yourself under any circumstances!! it will only bring yourself grief,depression and stupidity. Christ, you should see my tongue folks. it looks like I got Oral Hairy Leukoplakia bigtime but in reality i am a habitual tongue and cheek biter. Ive had a dry cough for over 3 months, I still dont know what it is but I do know one thing, IT AINT HIV. I always get swollen glands under my armpits,elbows,knees...but guess what IT AINT HIV...I have allergies really bad. I bruise easily, but guess what IT AINT HIV. A week ago I woke up with extreme dizziness, but guess what IT AINT HIV!

I cant stress it enough folks. You will put yourself thru hell if you persist on self diagnosing yourself and not getting tested. Its scary as hell, but it must be done. Chances are, you will turn out negative just as I did, this virus is not the easiest thing to catch. It just requires responsibility and adherence to what the CDC says and what the wonderful experts on TheBody suggest to you--Dr Bob especially cause this guy is extremely intelligent and knowlegdeable.

PS: ok ill shut up now but Bob, please give me some information on how I can help in any way. Money, community service, whatever man.

Excellent news!

How can you help? You already have, my friend! Just by encouraging other folks to end their worrying by getting tested, you've done more than you can ever imagine! I can only hope all the worried-wells who read this forum and live in fear will read and heed your message. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Other ways to help . . . ? Donations to our foundation are always warmly appreciated. The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization whose sole mission is to provide crucial services to men, women, and children living with HIV/AIDS, and to raise awareness of the epidemic through advocacy and education. The Foundation is working closely with the following organizations at this time:

1. Project Inform's Integrated HIV/AIDS Treatment Education Program - to provide clear, comprehensive, and practical information to people affected by HIV/AIDS. 2. Global Strategies for HIV Prevention - to provide counseling and testing, and to administer antiretroviral medication and opportunistic infection prophylaxis to HIV-infected pregnant women and their newborns in rural Uganda. 3. The AIDS Emergency Fund - to provide essential emergency financial assistance to people fighting AIDS. 4. Names Project: The AIDS Memorial Quilt - to foster AIDS awareness by displaying The Quilt at various locations around the country. 5. AID for AIDS - to recycle unwanted or unused HIV/AIDS medications and redirect them to developing nations in Central America, South America, the Caribbean, and Africa. 6. Pediatric HIV/AIDS Program, Children's Hospital Oakland - to provide crucial services and comprehensive care to infants, children, and adolescents living with HIV/AIDS.

In addition, The Foundation provides education to physicians, nurses, health care workers, patient advocacy groups, and individuals through a variety of means, including conferences and symposia.

Tax-deductible donations can be sent to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

Congratulations once again! Stay well.

Got Tested
Please Dr. I can't get any straight answers!