androgel - long term use

Hi. Thanks for all the help. This forum is great.

I am doing great and really don't want to change anything. I had steroid shots every other week from last September to December, did the patch for two months and then moved on to Androgel. I've been on it since. It has helped my sex drive and energy level a lot. Should I be concerned about being on it so long? I have had no bad side effects but don't want to cause worse problems for myself in the future. Also, what is cycling and would it be helpful. Thanks.

Glad to hear things are going well for you with both your energy and sex drive "up," so to speak. Should you be concerned about testosterone replacement's long-term side effects? No, not really. If you are using testosterone to replace a testosterone deficiency (hypogonadism), and you keep your levels in the normal range, you should be fine. Are there potential side effects? Sure, as with most meds, there are potential problems. Testosterone can make prostate cancers worse; it can cause some shrinkage of the size of your testicles, etc. However, being hypogonadal (allowing your testosterone to be below the normal range) is definitely associated with problems as well - fatigue, loss of muscle mass, and pooped-out, unhappy Mr. Happy's. So what to do? Well, that's "up" to you. I'm staying on my AndroGel and my Mr. Happy and biceps second my decisions. Stay well.

May I woo hoo after 3 yrs anxiety?
Got Tested