Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

May I woo hoo after 3 yrs anxiety?
Oct 7, 2002

Dear Dr. Bob:

Party because of you, and partly because of my husband and primary care MD (he, too, is a Godsend) I am able to WOO HOO after three years of convincing myself I was HIV positive (I was stuck with a needle in a DDS office while working as an Assistant) It took three of you to convince me to have the test done.

Message to readers: I had "all of the symptoms" too. Low WBC at one time, shingles, rashes, ulcers, etc. etc. etc. Finally (with your help) decided to take the test telling myself that the virus won't go away on its own, and if it was positive, I needed to seek help immediately. It wasn't at all easy, (it took me three years after possible exposure) but even BEFORE learning the results, experienced relief that what is done is done and I will finally know one way or the other.

This whole experience has taught me though, more compassion and has propelled me to change my course of study (am back in school studying Psychology). I want to counsel people with HIV and help in any way I can. (I'm even Republican!!!! :-)

Thanks again, Dr. Bob. You truly are a wonderful, wonderful human being that is making a difference in a lot of lives.

God Bless and you will forever be in my thoughts and prayers.

Former Worried Well

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Former Worried Well!

Thank you for writing back. I can only hope that other worried-wells will read and heed your wise words!

I can also hope you'll someday become a Democrat, or perhaps even better convince the Republicans to live up to their "compassionate conservatism" slogan by paying a bit of attention to the HIV/AIDS world pandemic!

Stay well and best of luck with your new studies. We need compassionate HIV/AIDS counselors!

Dr. Bob

Previous
sad
Next
androgel - long term use

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.