May I woo hoo after 3 yrs anxiety?

Dear Dr. Bob:

Party because of you, and partly because of my husband and primary care MD (he, too, is a Godsend) I am able to WOO HOO after three years of convincing myself I was HIV positive (I was stuck with a needle in a DDS office while working as an Assistant) It took three of you to convince me to have the test done.

Message to readers: I had "all of the symptoms" too. Low WBC at one time, shingles, rashes, ulcers, etc. etc. etc. Finally (with your help) decided to take the test telling myself that the virus won't go away on its own, and if it was positive, I needed to seek help immediately. It wasn't at all easy, (it took me three years after possible exposure) but even BEFORE learning the results, experienced relief that what is done is done and I will finally know one way or the other.

This whole experience has taught me though, more compassion and has propelled me to change my course of study (am back in school studying Psychology). I want to counsel people with HIV and help in any way I can. (I'm even Republican!!!! :-)

Thanks again, Dr. Bob. You truly are a wonderful, wonderful human being that is making a difference in a lot of lives.

God Bless and you will forever be in my thoughts and prayers.

Former Worried Well

Hello Former Worried Well!

Thank you for writing back. I can only hope that other worried-wells will read and heed your wise words!

I can also hope you'll someday become a Democrat, or perhaps even better convince the Republicans to live up to their "compassionate conservatism" slogan by paying a bit of attention to the HIV/AIDS world pandemic!

Stay well and best of luck with your new studies. We need compassionate HIV/AIDS counselors!

sad
androgel - long term use