Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

sad
Oct 7, 2002

dr. frascino

i'm so desperate. this happened to me too young. i want another chance at life. let's figure something out soon, please. please.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

None of us knows what the higher powers have in store for us - old or young. The important thing is to focus on the life you have, not really wish for another. Certainly living with this virus is not easy. It's a journey that 40 million of us worldwide are now taking. Traveling together can help, and yes hopefully we'll figure something out along the way. If some of us reach the end of this road before others, we must remember that death is indeed a part of life for everyone HIV-positive or not. What waits ahead? No one knows, but I prefer to think of it as the next great adventure of my life. I've always found comfort in the words of Emily Dickinson:

"This world is not conclusion: A sequel stands beyond, Invisible, as music, But positive, As sound.

But you aren't ready for the sequel yet. Don't be sad. There is happiness and contentment to be found in our lives at this very moment - even with the challenges of HIV! I'm sincerely hoping you can find some of the joy and peace I've found. Open up to your friends and family. You'll be amazed how sharing your hopes and dreams, as well as fears and hardships, can ultimately bring new clarity to your life.

Please remember we are all traveling the same road, and together, we'll all support each other over the difficult spots. OK?

Feel better.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Anemia better but now something worser
Next
May I woo hoo after 3 yrs anxiety?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.