Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is it really complicated or am I making it complex?
Oct 3, 2002

Dr.RJF, I had both vaginal and anal sex with a woman I met a couple of months ago on day X. I used a condom, but after the act realized that the condom was halfway i.e. not completely rolled back. I am uncircumsied too. To add to my woes, I left the condom on till I got home and then disposed it. The next day I fell ill. Like a real bad flu for two weeks. 5 weeks after day X, I had cold in 6th and 7th week. Cough and phelgm followed in 8th and 9th week after day X and now I have a sore throat. Never had such a series of mishaps before. On the 8th week however, I got myself tested for HIV and that came out -VE. So I am not sure if what I am going through is some viral infection which I got thro kissing, bronchitis or is it HIV. I am not sure if this is psychological. I intend to get myself tested again in nov, but I need some answers and reassurances to whats happening with me. Please help!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

OK, let's review proper condom technique. You need to unroll it all the way down and, speaking of "all the way" -- why the hell did you wear a used condom all the way home? They really aren't all that hard to take off and dispose of!!!

You can stop worrying. Your condom stayed on, (in fact, it stayed on all the way home!), so it presumably protected the head of the penis. Your symptoms are most likely just a cold or flu. The 8-week negative test is encouraging as well. Sure, go ahead and get the 3-month test to set your mind at ease. In the meantime, while you are waiting to take the test, study those condom techniques and remember, those are not the kind of rubbers your mother expected you to wear all the way back home.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
chest pain that doesn't go away.
Next
**********THANK-YOU**************THANK-YOU*********************

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.