Is my hemoglobin low for procrit?

I have been diagnosed with anemia. Last year my hemoglobin was 9.9 and I started taking iron tablets. Now its 11.1. But I still feel shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, tired. I am a woman of 5'5" and 103lb weight. My doctor thinks I should take procrit to increase the heamoglobin bec, of miscarriages and failed IVF cycle. Is it safe and can I take procrit? I am concerned because I always avoid any medications.

Procrit is a natural substance identical to a hormone that your body produces called erythropoietin. It works by supplementing your body's natural supply of erythropoietin so you can produce more red blood cells. Erythropoietin (and Procrit) stimulates the production of additional new red blood cells in the bone marrow, which is where red blood cells are made. Procrit has an extremely impressive safety track record! It's been used for over a decade and has essentially no side effects or drug interactions with other medications. Procrit is recommended for specific types of anemias - HIV and cancer-related anemia, for instance. It should not be used to treat anemias caused by bleeding, iron deficiency, or weakened red blood cell membranes. If your physician is recommending it for you, I would say it's definitely worth a try. It's remarkably safe and has been shown to relieve the symptoms of anemia very effectively. These symptoms can include fatigue, shortness of breath, and rapid heartbeat, as you describe. Certainly I would agree to avoid medications if they aren't indicated, but in this case, I think Procrit might ameliorate your symptoms and it carries essentially no risk.

HELP URGENT Anemia in the hospital
what was it like?