Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

don't you hate this
Sep 30, 2002

Hello Doctor

I know that your forum is dedicated to sufferes of HIV with anemia/fatigue problems but my problem is much worse so let's sod them for a bit eh?

Several years ago I had a low risk encouter with a woman. She was a virgin at the time and a non-drugtaker and had not been born to an HIV pos mother. We engaged in cyber sex.

This "low-risk" activity has haunted me till this very day. I have spent hours each day since this 1987 episode researching HIV symptoms. I was alarmed that a large portion of those who experience ARS exhibit no-symptoms. This is EXACTLY my case. I am scared out of my wits.

I took an HIV test 6 months after the exposure and then at one week intervals since then up till now - all negative

Please Doctor, tell me if I have HIV?

Response from Dr. Frascino

As I have said many times on this forum, all unprotected sex carries some degree of risk. Those of you having cybersex should do so only after you've properly installed your anti-virus program!!!!

Dr. Bob

P.S. LOL!!!! I'm saving your question in my personal file - the one with the most hilarious and twisted comments I've come across on this site. Stay well. Thanks for the chuckle.

Previous
Opportunistic Infections BEFORE seroconversion?
Next
You're the Man!! A ty note and advice to the WW club.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.