Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ruling out HIV is Easy
Sep 22, 2002

Dear Dr. Robert:

This is Antonio. I have made a final decision. This will be my lastt post to you. Please don't get me wrong , I admire your spirit and I love what you do for people. You are kind , humerous, compasionate and to many of us a godsend. Although I would love to read your responses for ever it is now time for me to put this obsession to an end.

I have found that ruling out HIV is easy. RULING OUT THE FEAR OF HIV - now as we all know thats another story.

One time unprotected insertive vaginal sex with a good looking brunette. Now Dr. Robert this was back in Novemeber of 2001. Its now September 2002. Tested negative at 2,3,4,6 months. She tested and told me it was negative even sent the results. Test say no HIV - Fear says she never tested, fear says three months not enough time, fear says human error made when they drew blood. Got tingling in my feet, did emg- diagnosed with polyneuropathy. Read article that 30 of people who are HIV infected have polyneuropathy. Fear says I got HIV. Also have degenerative arthritis of the back, spinal stenosis myelopathy and spondotheleosis. Now I know this could be a cause. I also know that since I have been usiing Lipitor which is a statin for 2 years I have an increased chance of polyneuropathy. Fear says its HIV. Test say I am free.

Well Doc I am a people person in several of your reponses you say that you believe a 3 month test to be conclusive and you are not the only one to state that. When I tested negative at 3 months, you said you did not think I needed to test again. Well I tested at 4 and 6 months. Its easy to rule out HIV. The FEAR OF HIV is a disease. I know that all I could think about was how can I explain to my wife. Hey babe I got HIV cause I was with another lady. I KNOW ITS FEAR CAUSE I AINT GOT HIV.

Dr Robert with all my heart I say thanks and I wish you and others with HIV good health. Each night before I sleep I shall ask the LORD for a cure.

Antonio

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Antonio!

Congratulations on putting your fears where they belong - behind you! I'm delighted you now realize that "fear" and not HIV was the problem. I also hope that the "higher powers" hear your evening prayers!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Seeking Advice
Next
re-think this...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.