Seeking Advice

Dear Doc, I am currently having tests run which i have not received the results yet...i have depression, anxiety, sleeping problems as well as eating, and am extremely fatique to the point where it is just abnormal > lot for a 20 year old huh? The Doctor i went to asked me if i would be willing to take an HIV test and now i am scared to death. I will not be able to except it if it is positive. I know you cant diagnose me...but i guess im just looking to hear something positive...and right now that could mean as much as go see a shrink or relax! Thank you so much for your time!Dear Doc, I will not write again but only to thank you one more question for you...the doctor i saw i could not understand well because of a lang. barrier but he did say my blood count was very low what are some causes that this could be? Thank you again

Depression and anxiety can and frequently do cause sleeping problems, fatigue, and decreased appetite. I think some counseling might indeed be very helpful for you.

Fatigue can have many causes, including anemia. I'm not sure which "blood count" your physician was referring to, but if it's red blood cells or hemoglobin, you could be anemic. If the language barrier is a problem with the physician you saw, perhaps you should see someone else. If you are anemic, you need to find out why. The most common causes include nutritional deficiencies (iron, vitamin B12, or folate); blood loss; and medication toxicities. There are many other possibilities as well, such as hereditary anemias, chronic illnesses, certain infections, etc. Don't be scared, just get the help you need, and I'm convinced you'll be feeling much improved very soon.

Anemia much better -- thanks! Your next talk?
Ruling out HIV is Easy