Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Anemia much better -- thanks! Your next talk?
Sep 22, 2002

Hey Dr F, You really are a miracle worker! Took your advice, rather than the "let's wait and see what happens" advice of my idiot doc, and got my anemia treated! Hemaglobin is almost back into the normal range. That Procrit stuff really works! I haven't felt this energetic in a long long time. I just wanted to say thanks and give you a big hug and kiss. A friend told me he saw a flyer or something announceing you were coming to San Louis Obisbo or Santa Barbara to give a talk next week. Is this true? How can I get a ticket? I want to hear you speak again and besides then I could give that hug and kiss in person -- in fact I may may hug you so much I might never let go!!!! Thanks Dr Handsome Hope to be seeing and hugging on you soon, Energetic Once Again!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Energetic Once Again,

Glad to hear you are feeling so frisky again! Yes, I will be in San Louis Obispo (not Santa Barbara) on Friday, September 27. The topic is "Sex in the City of SLO." They picked the topic, not me! Honest! Basically, I plan to discuss quality of life issues for those of us living with the virus - the necessity of treating not only the virus but also the person. And yes, I'll be talking a lot about sex as well. I don't believe you need to "get a ticket." If you are in the area, just stop in. The presentation will be at the Gardens of Avila in SLO. Lunch will be served at noon. I'll speak form 1 to 2:30 p.m. or so, and then will answer questions until 3:00 p.m. If you have questions about the program, you can contact David Kilburn, who is arranging the event (dkilburn@asn.org).

As for the prolonged in-person energetic hugs and kisses, well don't you think it might be difficult for me to give the presentation and play "tonsil hockey" at the same time?

Thanks for writing. See you soon???

Dr. Bob

Previous
Many symptoms and tests
Next
Seeking Advice

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.