Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

South East Asia exposure
Sep 9, 2002

Dear Dr. Bob, I got an stupid possible exposure during my trip to South East Asia 8 months ago. Since then, I have developed many troubling symptoms. However, my two HIV antibodies tests taken at public clinic (in Santa Clara County) are negative. I noticed that the lab are done at the county public health lab). Since you also working in the county, do you know if the lab done there can detect infection from other strains of HIV that is more common in South East Asia (subtype E,C..etc) than the one in the US (subtype B). Thank you very much. I'm very worried. Your santa clara county neighbor.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Neighbor!

I can't be certain which test assay the county was using on your particular blood, but yes, we do have tests to a broad range of subtypes. You can call them and ask them to check on your specific test if you want, but chances are you are fine.

See you around the hood!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you Dr Bob
Next
Procrit and Kava

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.