some worries

Dear robert:

everybody says HIV comes from monkeys millions years ago. but monkeys dont play gay, dont take drugs using syringe, dont do blood transfusion. I doubt HIV sorts of virus can really survive in monkeys. It must comes out from sorts biochemical weapon research acitivity. Another thing is lots of people get HIV from prostitute while they use condom. Acutally most HIV+ prostitute know they are HIV+ but they transmit to the men with intention secretly as a revenge. That's why condom can not work in this case even the condom is made from steel. The prostitute use syringe to the men. LOts of good men dont know that and blindly believe what the government told them that condom can defeat virus. What a pity. I believe more than 50 percent HIV+ people are transmitted by other people with INTENTION. Thank you for your reading my question. any comment welcom. you have done a great job in encourage people to fight the HIV. Thank you very very much. FOOLman

Dear Foolman,

Where did you come up with such paranoid ideas? Perhaps you are watching too much of the Sci-Fi Channel. You may "believe more than 50 percent HIV+ people are transmitted by other people with intention," but I certainly don't! You may also "believe" HIV+ prostitutes are using syringes to infect men for revenge, but then again you may also believe in boogey men, little green Martians, and compassionate conservative Republicans. However, none of these are real either.

Why would prostitutes want to kill off their clients? That wouldn't be good for business! And when's the last time someone stuck you with a syringe and you didn't notice?

No, HIV is not a biochemical weapon research activity gone wrong. Again, you've been watching too many science fiction movies! And what do you mean Monkey's don't play gay? Haven't you ever watched them at the zoo? Actually, all animal species have same-sex coupling. Only humans (particularly those "compassionate conservative" Republicans) get hung up about it. You are correct about one thing: HIV does not survive in monkeys. If it did, we would have a better animal model to test drugs, vaccines, and immune-based therapies. But alas, HIV is Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Monkeys get SIV, which is Simian Human Immunodeficiency Virus. The 2 are similar, but not identical. It's been fairly well proven that HIV evolved from SIV as it crossed from Monkey to Man.

Hope this helps put some of your bizarre ideas to rest. If not, you really are a Foolman!

Science is Science, not Science Fiction.

goingcrazy
Thank you Dr Bob