goingcrazy

Deat dr bob i tested negative after app 45 days to 2 months after possible exposure to hiv virus.how good are these tests?i also went and got regular blood test a month later at which time i wanted to do another elisa test but my doctor sugested to wait my regular blood tests were okay and showed a normal white blood cells count and no infection. My doctor made a comment if white blood cells are normal that there is probably no hiv infection present he said that they would be higher if there is infection.Im planning to take another test soon but my question is.Can i trust white cells or can they be normal when you have infection? Just scared of my upcoming resolts and need your opinion. Thanks you are the best. this is my second question to you so far i really trust in your knowledge .I had many symptoms like hedache,night sweats,fatigue,sore throat,losing appetite,being cold sometimes,diarhea which comes and goes no fever was ever present, and some are still here 3 months after possible exposure i tested negative 45 days to 2 months after possible exposure.Is it possible to get trush in your mouth in just two months of expossure because i read that it takes 5 to 10 years.I have some white stuff coming down my throat,could this be yeast infection.Or is it something else.really worried about my situation.I also go to restroom a lot.Can all these symptoms be caused by something else.thank you.

I'm not sure what your doctor is thinking, but unfortunately, he's not giving you very good information. White blood cell counts and other "regular blood tests" can not help determine if you are HIV-positive or not. Your doctor should know this! You were right to request an HIV test 3 months after the potential exposure. That's the one that really counts. Sure, it's comforting that your earlier test was negative, but you really can't rely on the results until 3 months.

Your symptoms - headache, night sweats, fatigue, sore throat, decreased appetite, diarrhea, feeling cold, etc. - are fairly non-specific and could be related to many conditions. Thrush occurs when the immune system is fairly significantly impaired and therefore not expected to occur in early HIV infection. Thrush can be caused by other things, including antibiotics. Antibiotic kill bacteria, and in turn allow normal fungus (thrush) to overgrow and become visible.

Hope this helps. You might want to consider looking for a more competent physician or sending your doctor to a much-needed refresher HIV/AIDS 101 course.

RE: Have I ruled out HIV
some worries