lymph node size?

Hi, I've had one "swollen" lymph node in my groin for months. I haven't had any other symptoms or any other large lymph nodes. I know that when I was about 5 years old, (I'm 21 now) the same lymph node was persistently large. Could it be that perfectly normal healthy nodes sometimes vary in size? I tested neg for HIV, but only about 3 weeks after I could have possibly been exposed.

Yes indeed, "normal" lymph nodes do vary in size. If the same lymph node is still large, perhaps it's always been a bit more prominent, or perhaps there is some localized inflammation that is causing the swelling. Have your doctor check this out, if it's bothering you. HIV lymph node swelling is generalized, as it is a response of the immune system to the HIV virus coursing throughout the body. In other words, it wouldn't show up as a single swollen node.

Test at 3 months. Earlier tests are not reliable.

Good luck!

testing
PLEASE SAVE ME