Please Keep Your Sanity

Hey Doctor Rob,

This is Winfield again I emailed you awhile back regarding my autoimmune problem and having anti-RNP antibodies and negative HIV tests out to one year (inc RNA/DNA). Well I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart and also warn the readers to not allow your mind to get trapped in the same horrible state I have been for the past year! My story was unprotected anal sex with a stranger. Then in July beign told ANA+ and then in Jan anti-RNP+ as well. Between July I read everything on the internet you could imagine...I found on Pubmed that ANA+ people could have HIV. I read the anti-RNP antibodies could be found in HIV+ people. I read that muscle and joint aches could be from HIV along with my tingling fingers and feet. I read that the fungal rash on my stomach could be from HIV. I read that my white tounge could possibly be from HIV! ETC ETC ETC! My life was crazy. Most of these symptoms can be the result of stress...especially the rash! Not only have I had 5 neg antibody tests over the past year I also had an viral load test and dna test. They were around 500.00 for the lot. I almost lost the love of my life for the past four years.

Well I am done. I need to move on. Therapy didnt work for me but I have decided to start life fresh! My boyfriend and I went to WDW for vacation and I am even going to the Six Flags Coaster Celebration next weekend to help set myself free from these horrible thoughts.

I guess I am rambling but I wanted to thank you and those at The Body for getting me through these rough times. Please readers Do not let your life slip away there is too much to enjoy (music, food, love).

My symptoms are real and now I must conquer what is really wrong with me (still unsure BUT NOT HIV)!!!!

PS Doc do you still stand by my neg status (LOL) and when are you coming to Philly so we can do lunch?

Hello Winfield!

Welcome back to the forum. Thanks for the update and your words of wisdom to other worried-wells. Yes, indeed, I still stand by your negative results, and I'm glad you are LOL! What is WDW? Maybe Walt Disney World?? The Six Flags Coasters are the best. I was at one just last week. Have you tried "Stealth?" It's a coaster that you ride lying down with only a few straps holding you in. It's supposed to stimulate flying. I also liked the standing-up coaster with its multiple 360's and wicked corkscrews.

I'll keep you posted on my next trip to Philly. Let's skip lunch and do coasters instead, OK?

Congratulations! Stay well. Remember to follow-up with a Board Certified Immunologist/Rheumatologist regarding your positive ANA and anti-RNP.

Warmest regards,

SIR PLZZ HELP' A DESPARATE VOICE' DR BOB A INTRESTING EXPOSURE.....{NOSEX}
Tired all the time