Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WOO HOO RESULTS!!!
Sep 7, 2002

Doctor,

Can i get a woo hoo!!! I have taken a Home Access HIV test exactly 3 months after last risky exposure. I got the results today and they came back negative. I promised myself that after the results I would contribute to your fund. Please post where i can send my donation. I love you man =))!!!

For all worried, i had many hiv like symptoms. I have a swollen gland in my groin, soar throat, night sweat, tingling feelings in feet. All symptoms that make u think u have HIV but obviously can be many many many other things. GET TESTED, its not worth the stress.

Doctor, final question. What are chances you can seroconvert past 3 months of exposure. I mean, would u say im better then 95 chance of being HIV negative?

Thank u so much for everything

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Can you get a WOO-HOO? Absolutely! To be perfectly accurate, one doesn't really "get" a WOO-HOO. They actually WOO-HOO themselves. So go ahead. Shoulders back, chest out, big smile, and now yell, "WOO-HOO" at the top of your lungs! Feels great, doesn't it??? Congratulations!

Chances of seroconverting beyond 3 months are extremely rare for most types of exposures. Your chances of being negative are much, much higher than 95%. Certainly extremely rare things happen extremely rarely. That's why we call them extremely rare!

So the chances of your being mowed down by a low-flying helicopter next time you go rollerblading are extremely rare. Likewise, your chances of seroconverting after 3 months would also be extremely rare! I wouldn't be concerned about either one.

Tax-deductible donations can be sent to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

I love you, too!

Dr. Bob

Previous
fatigue?
Next
Really need your help!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.