Want our Honest Opnion Plz...

Dear Doctor,

I am posing this question to you as I guess you know what you are talking about. Anyways there has been a lot of talk lately that fever and rash is the most significant predictor for primary hiv....Would you agree with this statement? I mean I just cant get over it as I have almost given up on life..Been a year have had all negative tests. I have got folliculitis dermatits and dizziness all together. Lot of stress lot of anxiety. After two weeks of exposure to virus, had fever for two weeks, non pruritic rash lasting for a couple of hours thrombocytopenia leukopenia the works. had anemia after 2 months i mean everything i read just points to hiv yet the negative tests. Want to get out of it pls help. PLS.....

The problem is you are choosing to believe and dwell on general things you've read about HIV, while not believing your own very specific and very negative HIV tests. HIV is not your problem. "Lot of stress, lot of anxiety," is the real culprit you need to focus on. I'd strongly recommend you seek therapy and counseling to help you cope with your irrational fears of a non-existent HIV infection. See a dermatologist if your folliculitis is bothering you. I assume the other problems - fever, non-pruritic rash, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, and anemia - were all transient and have resolved, as you speak of them in the past tense. Many things other than HIV can cause these transient symptoms. Get help for your anxiety and you'll soon be feeling much better. That's my honest opinion. Honest!

Stay well.

TO OUR CARING DOCTOR AND FRIEND :-)
Diarrhea only?