cbc test normal. does that mean my hiv status neg?

Hey, i was having some symptoms, swollen lymphs and thats really about it, just in the neck and groin. My doctor ordered a CBC test. It came back normal...does this mean these symptoms are not beeing caused by HIV. I've done research, but i'm not sure. Please help. Thank you very much. mike

Hey Mike,

I wish it were that easy, but unfortunately, it's not. A CBC test is a complete blood count. While it's good news that your CBC is normal, this, however, does not let you know if you are HIV-infected. To determine if you're HIV-positive or not, you need to get a specific HIV test 3 months after your last possible exposure. You can get the test at anonymous testing sites or through your doctor's office.

+5 years
TO OUR CARING DOCTOR AND FRIEND :-)