Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

cbc test normal. does that mean my hiv status neg?
Sep 5, 2002

Hey, i was having some symptoms, swollen lymphs and thats really about it, just in the neck and groin. My doctor ordered a CBC test. It came back normal...does this mean these symptoms are not beeing caused by HIV. I've done research, but i'm not sure. Please help. Thank you very much. mike

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Mike,

I wish it were that easy, but unfortunately, it's not. A CBC test is a complete blood count. While it's good news that your CBC is normal, this, however, does not let you know if you are HIV-infected. To determine if you're HIV-positive or not, you need to get a specific HIV test 3 months after your last possible exposure. You can get the test at anonymous testing sites or through your doctor's office.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
+5 years
Next
TO OUR CARING DOCTOR AND FRIEND :-)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.