Have I ruled out HIV

Dear Doctor,

I know very little about this. Doc says I'm fine but I don't know if he has taken into accout this thing called delayed seroconversion about some people taking longer to produce antibodies, I mean did it take you 3 months to convert? (sorry for asking). I'm just so worried. My test at 8 months post exposure was PCR DNA (HIV -1) Negative, ELISA 1\2 Negative, Western Blot 1\2 Negative and P24 Antigen Negative. What does all this mean....maybe I'm just stupid...like regardless of the risk of exposure can you ever be sure that you don't have HIV? One doc told me you have to wait 13 months...is this true? Anyway I think that you are an amazing person and God bless you and keep you.

King Regards,

Ever so worried

Dear Ever-So-Worried,

HIV PCR DNA wasn't even available when I seroconverted 11 years ago! All of your tests at 8 months are negative. "What does this all mean?" Care to take a guess? No, you are not being stupid. You are just fearful and anxious. I can tell you with great certainty that you are HIV-negative. Also for that "13 month" advice, I'm not sure who told you that, but it doesn't make any sense to me. Why not 13 years? Or 13 decades? If you can't believe you are HIV-negative, get some professional counseling and therapy. You are well. WOO-HOO. I hope you can soon feel the happiness and relief these results should bring to you.

Stay well.

Ex WW .. now whooooo!
sunshine