P L E A S E ! ! ! RESPOND

I know this is probably NOT the forum BUT I desperately want to hear your response.

one year ago I had a brief unprotected oral sex encounter. I was insertive only briefly - no ejac. Then I was receptive briefly.

Never had the flu stuff or any thing like that. I am having periodic sweats (day only) I get really hot (no fever) and sweat alot. I get weak feeling and overall not feeling good. Then it passes and I am fine for DAYS before it happens again. I have had one or two really painful zit-like places on my left thigh. REALLy painful for a couple of days and then subsides and goes away leaving only a tiny red mark where the bump was. They never have pus or any kind of drainage - just a tiny bump kind of like an insect bite. I have had some muscle tension in my neck (probably common with me). What's up? Do I sound like ARS or should I be seriously worried?

I love your correspondence-you are a delight to read.

Thanks for responding and helping me get past this worry and fret (hopefully)

Despondent

Hey Despondent,

Unprotected oral sex carries a low, but not non-existent risk. Insertive carries less risk than receptive. No ejaculation carries less risk than with ejaculation. With all this taken into account and the fact your exposure was "brief," I'd say your risk is really quite low. As for your symptoms - day sweats without fever, intermittent fatigue, painful zits on your left thigh, and muscle tension - these are not symptoms that are suggestive of HIV seroconversion.

Should you be seriously worried? No. Very low risk and symptoms not suggestive of HIV would indicate you are most likely HIV-negative.

Go ahead and get tested at 3 months, if you are concerned. The odds are very much in your favor for being negative. I think your fret and worry (and symptoms) will magically disappear when you get your negative test and WOO-HOO!

Asked numerous times, pls help, worried sick
Anemia and night time sleep