Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Asked numerous times, pls help, worried sick
Aug 27, 2002

Dr. Bob, I have asked this question numerous times, but to no avail. No one will answer me.At this point I cant function. Please answer! 3 months ago I engaged in some rough french kissing with a girl from honduras. She and I were both drunk and she repeatedly bit my lips fairly hard. I dont remember if i bled or not. No sex occured. The next day my lips were sore. At about 47 days I got a sore throat and took a home access test which came up neg. It's now been 3 months. About a week ago my partner got a hand rash that itched really bad and eventually peeled. She had been picking weeds in the yard, so it may have been from that. I developed a sore throat again about a week ago with nasal and post nasal drainage, a slight ear ache,(not much), a swollen tonsil and a cough. MY doc gave me some antibiotics which I have been taking for a week. My throat is a little better, but I'm not sure if it helped or not. Now my partner has a bad cold with a sore throat as well. We have both been really tired. I am freaking out, cant sleep or eat and I dont know what to do? Should I go get tested and what are my chances of having hiv? Please advise, because I am desperate.

Thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

This forum is for HIV-positive folks having trouble with anemia and/or fatigue. However, let me try to answer briefly. So this gal from Honduras, whom you were French kissing, "repeatedly bit your lips?" Why, wasn't once enough? OK, never mind. Your risk for contracting HIV from French kissing, even "rough" French kissing, is extremely low. Your negative HIV test at 47 days is encouraging. From what you described, I very strongly doubt you are HIV-positive. Your risk is extremely low, and your symptoms are not indicative of seroconversion. However, if you can't stop thinking about this, go ahead and retest. It's been 3 months since the lip-biting-Honduras-hottie experience, so your result will be absolutely conclusive. Don't be desperate or freaked out. I'm sure you are just fine.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Wahoooo From Aussie Keng time
Next
P L E A S E ! ! ! RESPOND

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.