Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

so you're the immu"Titan"hmmmm
Aug 25, 2002

Hello Dr.BOB" I know this is not the right forum but please post because you're the best at what you do. My concern is do 3 low risk activities equal 1 high risk. let me explain. I'm hetro and had contact with high risk woman. The 3 risks were:1)inserted finger into "v" with cut on cuticle.2)mutual "m" with the same hand right after.3)HEAVY grinding with or without protection(dumb as it sounds I can't remember 100 due to intox) but no full insertion. worst case my head of "p" would have rubbed against secretion for 3 seconds unprotected. I've tested neg 12 weeks dna/pcr and suds test. and neg 3 months A/B test for 1 and 2. please answer my four questions and I will never bother you again. Also I would like to donate to your charity. I can't afford much but will give all I can.(and no this is not a bribe.)Q1)would my three risks be considered low or high risk?Q2)Since there was three risks does that equal it high risk?Q3)regards to cut on cuticle would that compare to medical exposure since it's not genitals and require more testing?Q4)I had acl surgery on knee 2 weeks after exp,would that effect my A/B production and cause me to have false negatives on the tests. Please answer all 4 Q's I just want to move forward and can't seem to with all the unknowns I keep coming up with. Thank you You're the best keep up the great work

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks for your kind compliments and yes, this forum is dedicated to concerns involving HIV-related anemia and fatigue, but I'll try to respond to set your mind at ease. First of all, 3 low-risk exposures do not equal 1 high-risk! That's like comparing lemons and limes. They are both fruits, but only one makes a good margarita or key lime pie. Three low-risk exposures are just that: 3 low-risk exposures and nothing more.

Your risk appears to be with the same woman and involves "v's," "m's," and perhaps some "p," but from the sounds of it, "p" never made it into the "v," but rather rubbed unprotected for 3 seconds. Your risk is minimal at best. The cut on the cuticle does not make this a medical exposure and no, you certainly do not need any additional testing. The ACL knee surgery would have absolutely no effect on your HIV antibody tests.

You've also had negative HIV tests up to 3 months after the incident, so you can relax. You're negative. Now yell WOO-HOO! Congratulations! But now that you know your M, P, and V's don't forget the ABC's of safe sex. Use a condom every time.

Donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation may be sent to:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024.

The Foundation provides crucial services for men, women, and children living with HIV/AIDS and raises awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic through advocacy and education. Your generous contribution will touch many lives.

Please accept my personal thanks on their behalf.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
anemia -- is rest the answer?
Next
how you doin? Enzymes as Lysin and Helper Fighter RNA

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.