Update: What tests next

Dear Dr. Frascino!

Thank you for kind answer!

I have some additional followup data, some good and some maybe bad. Maybe you can help me sort this out.

GOOD: Well the HCV-PCR (at wk 11) was also negative, and a 12week antibody (homekit done by nurse)test was also negative. The good thing about HEP-C is that my lab values (3 months after pot. exposure) are normal (ASAT=17, ALAL=15, gammaGt=19)

PROBLEM: now my problem!! i wanted to know what my TCells are, and.. what did i see: CD3=919 (60) CD4=499 (33) CD8=376 (24), Cd4/Cd8 = 1.4.

Does this reflect the picture of a resent HIV infection? I do not know how high my CD4 count was before the incidence but...499 just looks awful to me!

is this the proof (main incidence) that all the other expensive tests could not deliver?

thank you! joe, shocked

[PS: you asked what i meant with "vulnerable skin" - for several days i had the feeling that my skin was itchy and could get bruised/injured very very easy. this was when HEP-C came into my mind, because such skin problems can be related to the liver...]

Hello Shocked Joe,

T cells respond to all sorts of things in addition to HIV. Your numbers are not at all alarming to me. You do not have HIV (or hep C), so this cannot be driving your T-cells either up or down. There is a wide range of normal for T cells. Your CD8 cells are normal; your CD4s minimally (and most likely transiently) depressed; and your ratio is also quite normal. Does this reflect HIV? No, it does not!

Stop being shocked and stop trying to make yourself HIV+ or hepatitis C-positive when you are not. If you can't accept the fact that you are not HIV- and hepatitis C-negative, seek counseling. HIV/hepatitis C are not your problem!

Stay well.

DR BOB U ARE MY LAST HOPE{INDIA}
RE: The simplist question(aug 7th)