NEED HELP PLEASE

First off thank you for your great site. I keep on seeing replies were you mention HIV Specialists. I have a problem. I have an HMO insurance that doesn't cover that kind of doctor. What do you suggest I do.Do you know of any services I can go through? I live in Illinois. I am very scared and worried!! Please help.

Start by complaining to your HMO and maybe the local medical association, health department, newspapers, and insurance commissioner. The same letter of complaint can be sent to all. Clinical studies have clearly indicated that people with HIV live longer and do much better when cared for by a knowledgeable and competent HIV/AIDS specialist. HMOs often don't care about this fact. In California, there is a law that all people with HIV must have access to an HIV specialist! Hopefully, other states will soon follow suit. Contact The American Academy of HIV Medicine for a list of certified HIV/AIDS specialists in your area. (www.aahivm.org) Don't be scared and worried! Just get the competent and compassionate care you deserve. The Academy may also be able to help you deal with your HMO.

Good luck!

Scared
Please help! Oral Sex with HIV+ partner