doc you are the best...please answer =)

around the first week of june i had a sexual encounter with a girl where i started having unprotected sex for literally about one minute (id say 7-10 pumps =) and then figured i should not be doing this without a condom and stopped. I may have had small amount of precum from foreplay. Does this scenario put me in a high risk group?

Now (2 months later) i think i feel a enlarged lymphnode in my groin area, but not sure. Im like diggin around my groin area all freaking out. The way i noticed is that it feels like a heavy or dull sensation down there sometimes when i walk. i rember goin to the doctor about a year ago and him telling me i have very slight hernia. he told me not to worry cuz it was barely noticable so i didnt ask too many questions. Could hernia be confused with a swollen gland in the groin and if it is a swollen gland is it reason to worry about hiv?

last question, also once in a while i get a stinging sensation on the right side of my tongue. Its discomforting when i touch the area or when i rub it across my teeth. I think it has to do with my wisdom teeth pain but who knows.

can burning mouth syndrome be localized to just one area of the tongue and would it hurt generally or just when pressed upon.

many many thanks

This forum is dedicated to HIV-related anemia and fatigue questions. Questions such as yours should be posted to our HIV Prevention and Saver Sex Forum. Briefly, unprotected vaginal intercourse does carry some risk of HIV and other STDs. "Seven to ten pumps" is certainly not much exposure. Your risk is extremely small, but not completely non-existent. Stop "digging around in your groin area!" No wonder it feels uncomfortable. Could a hernia be confused with a swollen gland? Well, you might confuse them, but your doctor certainly would not! Check it out with your doctor! Burning mouth syndrome is generally not limited to a small area. Hope that helps.

hiv testing and surgery
condom troubles