Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

getting hiv by using condom
Aug 8, 2002

Hi Dr Bob,

DO you still remember me? I'm the guy who's making the condom water balloon infront of the sex worker. Any way thank you for your response. I have a Elisa antibodies test at a clinic 6 weeks after the last encounter it was negative and 3 days shy from 8 weeks I test again with HomeAccess kit it was negative again. how likely am I going to test positive after these two tests. My encounter was wearing 2 condoms to have vaginal sex with a sex worker. condom didn't break or slip off. What I'm worry because I'm a uncircumcised male I have a very thin sensitive inner skin unlike a circumsied male what I'm worries is while I'm taking off the condoms some of her vaginal fluid is around the ring area (the rubber band ) and also little bit vaginal fluid sip inside the condom (inside the ring area only)so when I sliding off the condom her fluid may slide on my inner skin ( very thin and sensitive skin) can those absorb the fluid without any cut? and what if I have some small openning that I'm not aware of can hiv transmit that way? and also my inner skin have some of my own semen since I cum inside the condom does it going to increase the risk if her vaginal fluid mixed up with my semen on my inner skin? Please give me your best advice since I'm still very worry.Do I still need any further testing? Thank You very much and

GOD BLESS YOU

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Condom-Water balloon Guy,

Welcome back to the forum. You are just trying to make all us circumcised guys jealous by repeating over and over how sensitive your foreskin is, aren't you?!? The small amount of vaginal fluid, with or without your semen mixed in, will not put you at any significant risk for acquiring HIV. You wore 2 condoms! If you were any safer, you wouldn't even be having sex!! I don't think you need any tests; however, since you are obviously worried about this, a single antibody test at 3 months after your water-balloon play-time session, is all that is required.

Now fill up a condom water balloon and throw it high into the air. Let it land on your head and wash all these irrational fears away!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
which tests next?
Next
What is wrong with me?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.