Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please it is important
Aug 7, 2002

Dear Doc, You have been a really close friend to me since 3 months, and think you will be always in my thoughts. I have just a quick question to ask, I have been tested negative a 13 Weeks, I am wondering if I need to re-test at 6 month or not.? In france, they say 3 month is conclusive, but in the US you do have the 6 month window period. I am confused. Can you please enlighten me??

Thanks,

Big Hug from France..

Emmanuel

Response from Dr. Frascino

Bonjour Emmanuel,

J'adore la France! J'etais a Paris il y a deux semaines. Peut-etre je repondrai a ta question en la langue de Moliere ! Peut-etre non, parce-que personne ne me comprendra !

The 3-month versus 6-month cutoff is a bit confusing. For most types of exposures, I believe the 3-month test is indeed conclusive. If you had a very significant exposure, such as unprotected anal receptive intercourse with someone you know is HIV-positive or sustained a significant needle-stick exposure from a person with known HIV infection, then testing out to six months is warranted. Hope that helps a bit.

Je t'embrasse bien fort!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Story of Anxiety
Next
please,please.help me im going crazy !

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.