Please it is important

Dear Doc, You have been a really close friend to me since 3 months, and think you will be always in my thoughts. I have just a quick question to ask, I have been tested negative a 13 Weeks, I am wondering if I need to re-test at 6 month or not.? In france, they say 3 month is conclusive, but in the US you do have the 6 month window period. I am confused. Can you please enlighten me??

Thanks,

Big Hug from France..

Emmanuel

Bonjour Emmanuel,

J'adore la France! J'etais a Paris il y a deux semaines. Peut-etre je repondrai a ta question en la langue de Moliere ! Peut-etre non, parce-que personne ne me comprendra !

The 3-month versus 6-month cutoff is a bit confusing. For most types of exposures, I believe the 3-month test is indeed conclusive. If you had a very significant exposure, such as unprotected anal receptive intercourse with someone you know is HIV-positive or sustained a significant needle-stick exposure from a person with known HIV infection, then testing out to six months is warranted. Hope that helps a bit.

Je t'embrasse bien fort!

Story of Anxiety
please,please.help me im going crazy !