please answer, have tried and tried

On june 1 I had unprotected sex with a 21 year old girl and had known her for a while but have come to find out I knew very little about her sexual past. It turns out that she has had multiple partners some of whom she didnt know very well. She was also on her period during the time of intercourse She failed to inform me of this.

A couple of weeks later I experienced night sweats and abdominal pain for several weeks . Not to mention anxiety and nerve problems from fear of seroconversion.

I tested negative on the 10th of july(40 days) but on the 17th I had a fever of 104 and it lasted for 4 days. The day my fever started I went to the doctor to find out the problem.(blood tests showed elevated White blood cell count) I had intentions of talking to him about my sexual past but was too nervous so I continued the investigation to find out if it was caused by something else. I went for an ultrasound which showed a polyp on my gallbladder. I started on Cipro and set appointment for surgery to remove gallbladder. the fever went down on its own after 4 days and I had other problems such as sharp pains in my joints and muscles slight headaches and general maylase during and after cipro(I have been off for 4 days).

I have three weeks until the three month point for my next test(homeaccess).

My question for you is will the fact that I was on Cipro for over 10 days affect the ammount of time it will take to show possitive? And Also will a hospital test before a surgery to find out HIV status as standard procedure? And finnaly will does seroconversion cause elevated white blood cell count?

Thanks

Cipro is an antibiotic that fights bacteria, not viruses. It will not have any effect on HIV or on HIV-related tests. No, it will not affect time to HIV seroconversion. Regarding HIV testing before surgery, different hospitals and different states have different policies. You can always call your hospital anonymously and ask if HIV testing is part of routine pre-surgery blood work. Lastly, seroconversion can be associated with an elevated white count, but does not have to be. Elevated white counts occur with many conditions such as inflamed polyps on gallbladders, etc!

Good luck!

italian in distress need your guidance!!!
Hemaglobin vs hematocrit and procrit