Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

despair :(
Aug 7, 2002

dearest dr. frascino:

...i had a heterosexual affair with a woman that lasted 1 1/2 years--mostly deep kissing, but on one occasion i bit her lower lip and on another occasion i briefly fondled her genitals... i tested negative (i assume standard serology) at 12 months and then again at 28 months post last possible exposure... my gums are not the healtiest, so perhaps deep kissing was risky for me; she may have had cold sores from time to time...and there may have been wounds on my fingers from my biting the skin, so worried about contraction from the genital fondling...

...i have distressing symptoms, like chronic sinusitis w/headache for months now, intermittent low-grade fever (99.2), unexpected gooseflesh-like chills, skin eruptions that resemble those associated with HIV... i'm truly miserable :(

...i'm under psychiatric care for obsessiveness, so i'm sure HIV anxiety is certainly a factor... but i need to know: have i ruled out HIV by testing negative at 12 and 28 months, or is there some further testing i need to pursue?

very respectfully--

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your negative tests at 12 and 28-months are absolutely, positively accurate. You do not have HIV. Your "distressing symptoms" are not suggestive of HIV. Concentrate on your "obsessiveness" with your psychiatrist. This is where your problem lies, not with non-existent HIV.

Feel better!

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV/HEP B ??...REAL WORRIED
Next
The simplest question...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.