Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dentists??
Aug 7, 2002

Hi Doctor,

Should i be worried about going to the dentist??? Ive been postponing tooth care cause im afraid i can catch HIV from the dentsist tools (syringes, drills) Hell, a lady got it from her dentsist 14 years ago and they still dont know how he gave it to her. Shit man, im just nervous.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Now just relax and think about this rationally. Yes, Kimberly Bergalis was most likely infected by her dentist due to non-sterile technique and perhaps other factors. That was 15 years go. How many people have gone to their dentist in the past 15 years? Care to take a guess? A gazillion would be close. How many of those have you heard about contracting HIV? None, Zero, zip, nada, zilch! Why is that, do you suppose? Correct, because no one has gotten HIV from their dentist ever since. So, Mr. Tarter Tooth-cavity guy, tell me again why you are so worried. You have a greater chance of being gobbled up by oversize armadillos on your way to the dentist than contracting HIV in the chair!

Relax, man. Your nerves are completely unwarranted. Stop procrastinating and get those teeth cleaned, or soon you'll need root canals and that, man, is something to really worry about!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Desperate: I will get my HIV result tomorrow and I just want to disappear
Next
HIV/HEP B ??...REAL WORRIED

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.