Against odds Please answer...

Hi Dr. BOB.

Before I start with my question, I must say that you and the other doctors here are doing wonderful work.

I know my question does not really belong to your forum, but you provide the most caring and honest anwser than any other experts on this site. So please, do not turn me down.

on Aug 2000, I had a possible exposure to HIV.

I tested negative to HIV anit-body tests at 2weeks, 20 weeks and 32 weeks following the exposure.

However, I am 2nd guessing on my results. During the test periods, I was still experiencing viral illnesses such as painful armpits, muscle pain around upper tricept, sensation of swallen neck, and fatique.

Now .. It has been almost two long years since the exposure. Since then I never exposed myself to HIV. I still have the illnesses. I still have occassional muscle pain around my armpit and tricept area, sensation of swallowen neck.

I am a weight lifter, could lifting weight causing the problem? .. I mean I did not have (at least I do not think) these symtoms before the exposure ..

I really do not not what is happening to my body doctor. My doctor thinks i am a healty individual (according to CBC).

Please tell me what to do or what to ask my doctor ..

Thank you for your time.

OK, after such a nice compliment, how can I turn down a fellow weight lifter? But, dear readers, please remember this forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks having difficulty with fatigue and anemia. All "am I infected" and "worried well" questions should go to our experts in the "HIV Prevention and Safe Sex Forum."

So, weight lifter, you might be able to second-guess how much more iron you can bench press on a good day, but I would not recommend second-guessing your lab results. You had a "possible exposure" and negative HIV tests out to 32 weeks. The chances of you being HIV-positive are zero, zip, zilch, nada! Your symptoms of painful armpits, muscle pain around your triceps, swollen neck, and fatigue are not due to HIV. Could it be the weight lifting? Well, that's possible and infinitely more likely than HIV, because you don't have HIV. Check with a knowledgeable sports medicine doctor or your personal trainer to see if your weight lifting program and techniques might be the problem. Stay well, and please do an extra 100 sit-ups for me.

Do I need to test for HIV
Very Concerned-NEEDLESTICK WITH HIV + PATIENT