Mom asking again

Thank you for answering my questions-- I truly love you. Mom- two weeks What is my cd4 count and will I die soon if it is under 200? wbc--3.0 k/ul lymph 22.9 lymphocytes 0.7 k/cmm Help me again

Hi "Mom",

I can't tell what your CD4 count is from the information you provided. Your doctor has to order that specific test. Will you die soon if it's under 200? Absolutely not, Mom! Get that idea out of your right away! Some guidelines for treating HIV don't even recommend starting anti-HIV treatment until the CD4 count gets to 200! I recommend you contact Project Inform (www.projectinform.org). They have a variety of useful handouts they can send to you that help explain the basics of HIV disease and its treatments. Also check around on this website, which also has a wealth of information and useful links. Mom, the very first and most important thing you should do is find a qualified and compassionate HIV specialist in your area. S/he will help you through this challenging and confusing period. If you have difficulty finding a specialist check The American Academy of HIV Medicine website for a list of qualified doctors in your area (www.aahivm.org). With proper care, those of us with HIV should live long, productive, "healthy" lives. I personally plan on dying of old age rather than HIV. Care to join me? I love you too, Mom! Try not to be scared. Just learn about HIV and its treatments. We'll grow old together, OK?

Stay well.

I need your help
A Horrible Mystery, Please Help!