Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fatigue after oral sex RE.
Aug 1, 2002

Dr. Bob, Thank you for your first answer (Jul-21), but here I am back to you because you're the only one that I can get some answers to my questions.. You gave me an encouraging answer to may q regarding the fatigue I was feeling shortly after a possible exposure (I was the insertive partner in unprotected oral sex with another man). That went away (it was probably bocause of the stress) but I have now some other symptoms that are scaring me to death, can you please please answer me I know it may not be the right forum but you're the only one to answer me first time that's why I hope you'll consider my problem now too. What scares me is the strep throat I got now after three weeks from the exposure (feel like something is on my throat when I swallow). I also have some white stuff on my tongue (I use to have it before but it got worse in the last week). I have no pain or fever. And then I have some red dots, very small, red, they look like blood, very small small, on my arms, chest and not to manny on my legs. They don't itch or anything. Can these be symptoms of HIV infections? I know that oral sex should be a lower risk compare to other type of sex, but can I get infected if the skin on my penis has no visible sores? What about saliva and/or blood coming in contact with the urethra (oral sex...)? Can you please answer these, I've just never been so scared in my entire life. I took an HIV test after 10 days from exposure, it was negative, I know this doesn't tell me to much, but it will help you understand how desperate I am. Thank you doctor, looking forward for your thoughts. A

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello A,

Insertive oral sex carries a very low risk for contracting HIV. Your symptoms are not at all suggestive of HIV. Take an HIV test at 3 months. I can already assure you the results will be negative. Between now and then, relax! Stop examining yourself with a microscope. If necessary, get some counseling. Just like the fatigue went away, so your other symptoms will magically disappear when your guilt and anxiety lift. Trust me. I'm a doctor!

Stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Antibody test enough:?
Next
exposure type

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.