Warmest regards

Hi Dr. Bob,

I have to admit, I was one of the biggest "worried well" people that discovered your site, read through almost every forum, then convinced myself that I had HIV, CMV, Hep, Anemia...well, you get the point. I swore I had a swollen gland on my right neck, groin and armpits...I swore I had fatigue and fever...but of course, you know the story. I had none of these and they were all self-manifestations. I saw my doctor almost every second day and he actually sat me down and wanted me to go seek mental help due to my anxiety. My physical, CBC, urinalysis all came back fine (I thought I got chlamdyia, 3 tests later, I still was not convinced that it was negative!) The mind is an awfully powerful thing!

Anyways, I'll keep it short. Reading the posts and the responses, you are one of the most warmest, kindest doctors I have had the honor of "knowing". Your willingness to help others, your words of encouragement and the simple fact that you sit down and answer EACH question with a personal response is remarkable. If the world had more doctors even CLOSE to you, well, the world would be a better place for all to live.

Thank you for your help, thank you for your posts, and mostly, thank you for relieving my anxiety. Something no one could do (not even medical tests could do!!! I just never trusted the lab results) for over 26 years...until you.

I hope you are well, I'm extremely sorry to hear of the unfortunate way you were infected, if I could trade my health for yours, I would...God knows MANY more people need you.

My thoughts, my prayers will always be with you Doctor.

Thank you for taking the time to write in. I'm hopeful others will read your story and realize that their symptoms might be caused by fears and anxiety as well. Thanks for the offer to trade places with me. But, honestly, I have no complaints about my life or how I became infected. I have been incredibly blessed and have lived a very full and enjoyable life. Sure, life with HIV isn't always easy, but it's a part of me that I accept. Turning adversity and challenges into opportunities is important in all our lives. Who knows? Maybe in some cosmic plan, I was meant to have HIV so I could interact with compassionate folks like you!

Enjoy your life and your health, as I am enjoying mine. In the grand scheme, none of us is here for a long time, so let's be here for a good time and help others along the way.

Stay well, and many thanks.

A Warm Gratitude from a Filipino Guy
Antibody test enough:?