Likelihood of Contracting HIV

Hi, Robert, I was just wondering if it's 100 likely to contract HIV if a person has had unprotected sexual intercourse with an already infected person. I am not sure if a past partner of mine was indeed infected, and I don't believe he was, but I am worried. I'm getting tested next week, but I'm really scared. And, any consolation you can give me will help me greatly. Thank you for your time.

100 percent? No, not even anywhere near that amount. Although it's hard to give very specific numbers, the odds of contracting HIV from having unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse with a partner who is HIV-positive is in the range of 1 in 300-400. That means it happens once for every 300 to 400 times for this activity. Of course, these are only statistical predictions and it is possible to hit that 1 in 300-400 during a single exposure.

The odds are greatly in your favor for not being infected.

follow up on transmisson thru precum only
What Happened?