Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

follow up on transmisson thru precum only
Aug 1, 2002

Dear dr. Bob,

I apologize for asking a transmission question in your forum but I red your response to a question (Thank you for your response, please read this!!! Posted: Jun 30, 2002 ) in which you said that "Unprotected vaginal sex 10 times without ejaculation carries a relatively low risk" and that "pre-semen transmiting the virus is theoretically possible, but not highly likely".

I had a slip-up with my boyfriend having anal sex for 3-4 times for only a minute or two and than stopping or continuing with a condome. He did not ejaculate in me nor he is a precum leaker.The act was very gentle and well lubed. Now as I was not exposed to his precum, semen or blood as he is circumsised and therefor not prone to skintears, can I say that the odds of not being infected go well in my favor ?

Does that mean that most man get inefected thru anal sex involving ejaculation rather than expossure only to precume?

I hope you will answer my question and ease my mind thru this window period I have to go thru before geting tested...

Much thanks Toni.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Toni,

Receptive anal intercourse is still the riskiest sexual practice. The short duration, being well lubed to avoid trauma, and not ejaculating will lower your risk somewhat. Yes, the odds are still in your favor for not being infected. However, I also agree with your plan to get tested after the window period.

Worrying won't help. Just learn form past mistakes. We'll all keep our fingers crossed for you and hope you'll be able to WOO-HOO some time soon.

I'm glad you stopped the risky activity after only a brief interval, and then used a condom! This was a very wise move on your part!

Good luck. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
CAN'T SLEEP- I am going crazy
Next
Likelihood of Contracting HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.