follow up on transmisson thru precum only

Dear dr. Bob,

I apologize for asking a transmission question in your forum but I red your response to a question (Thank you for your response, please read this!!! Posted: Jun 30, 2002 ) in which you said that "Unprotected vaginal sex 10 times without ejaculation carries a relatively low risk" and that "pre-semen transmiting the virus is theoretically possible, but not highly likely".

I had a slip-up with my boyfriend having anal sex for 3-4 times for only a minute or two and than stopping or continuing with a condome. He did not ejaculate in me nor he is a precum leaker.The act was very gentle and well lubed. Now as I was not exposed to his precum, semen or blood as he is circumsised and therefor not prone to skintears, can I say that the odds of not being infected go well in my favor ?

Does that mean that most man get inefected thru anal sex involving ejaculation rather than expossure only to precume?

I hope you will answer my question and ease my mind thru this window period I have to go thru before geting tested...

Much thanks Toni.

Hi Toni,

Receptive anal intercourse is still the riskiest sexual practice. The short duration, being well lubed to avoid trauma, and not ejaculating will lower your risk somewhat. Yes, the odds are still in your favor for not being infected. However, I also agree with your plan to get tested after the window period.

Worrying won't help. Just learn form past mistakes. We'll all keep our fingers crossed for you and hope you'll be able to WOO-HOO some time soon.

I'm glad you stopped the risky activity after only a brief interval, and then used a condom! This was a very wise move on your part!

Good luck. Stay well.

CAN'T SLEEP- I am going crazy
Likelihood of Contracting HIV