Comic Relief for a change

Hi Doc,

Dont laugh too hard over this scenario. About 5 weeks ago I went fishing with some friends. One of my friends was holding a fish that has prickly spine and he then threw it down on the boat floor. About a minute later I picked up the fish and one of its spines pricked me (very small), went thru my skin. Should i get tested? First, i do not know the hiv status of my friend, second, i do not know if he even got pricked by the fish, third, even if he did get pricked, the chances we got pricked by the same spine of the fish!? Also, if you think i should get tested,is it better if i take the P24 Antigen test as opposed to the ELISA because the P24 can detect antibodies in 16 days after exposure.

This story sounds a bit fishy to me. The chances of your contracting HIV from that scenario are about the same as hooking Moby Dick on your line the next time you go fishing.

P24 or ELISA? Neither. Relax. Go fishing.

Procrit drug interactions and re-infection
CAN'T SLEEP- I am going crazy