Re:Desperate for Advice

Dr Bob. You are wonderful and you give me and many others glimmers of hope. Do you think its imperative to get him back on meds ASAP. He has stopped all and his counts are very low. I am Truly concerned. None of the clinic Doctors hear him and he has gotten so discouraged. He seems very depressed and the counselor aren't helpful they seem to make it worse. Dou you think support groups are helpful. I very worried but I try not to show my nervousness to him. His mother is also very panicked because of the terrible blood work and the fact they he isn't on any meds to protect him. What do we do first? Sorry to seem so ignorant but I am at a loss. Thank you for being everyones Guardian Angel you are truly amazing. Thanks Again Audra

Hello Audra

The most important thing is to find an HIV specialist who is knowledgeable and compassionate, and who is willing to work with your friend. Whether to immediately go back on medications depends on many factors. Perhaps you can best help him by going with him to his doctor visits and trying to focus on the most crucial issues. You might want to get information from well-known AIDS information agencies such as Project Inform (www.projectinform.org), The American Academy of HIV Medicine might be helpful in locating a specialist in your area (www.aahivm.org). Support groups or even one-on-one counseling might be very helpful. Acting nervous and panicky around him will not. Try to see what his priorities are. Fatigue? Depression? Desire or no desire to go back on medications? Make sure you address these concerns when he visits the HIV specialist. Most of all, just be there for him and support his decisions while making sure he is getting the compassionate care and information he deserves. I wish everyone had a friend like you. Your halo is getting brighter in heaven and even if your friend is not expressing his thanks to you verbally, I can assure you he is most appreciative of your love and concern. Good luck, stay strong, give your friend a hug for me.

God bless you both.

Parvo 19 virus
Can anemia /possible occupational exposure effect hiv antibody test