Please Please Please answer

Dear Dr.:

About 5 years ago I had vaginal intercourse for about two seconds (literally) when I thought about what I was doing without protection and decided to stop. I waited 5 months and took the Confide home hiv test (which at the time was THE test approved by the FDA) It was negative.

Should I still be worried. (Truthfully I don't ever think I stopped). As far as I know, my boyfriend was not in any high risk group.

Please answer.

Thank you

Only 2 seconds of exposure? I'll definitely assume there was no ejaculation involved. If there was, your boyfriend really has a problem! Anyway, you took the home test at 5 months and it was negative. So you have minimal exposure and a negative test 5 months later. That adds up to absolutely HIV-negative in my book. You've been worrying for 5 years?? That's 2 1/2 years of worry for every 1 second of vaginal intercourse. I think you've worried enough. Negative is negative.

It just doesn't get any simpler than that!

Don't worry. Be Happy.

Stay well.

My nightmare
dear doctor, u are an epitome of kindness