HIV test for me

I have an important question.

(1) I have abstained from sex (virgin), (2) I have never used drugs/needles, and (3) Never received a blood transfusion.

However, in 1997 I had a wisdom tooth extraction--(The dentist was wearing goggles and gloves)

Well, its 2002 and I seem to have AIDS like symptoms. Symptoms include: white growth on tongue/sides of tongue (what could be oral thrush/leukoplakia), frequent mouth sores, a lump on my left inner thigh (swollen lymph node?)

Anyways, got a routine blood test done last month (didnt test for HIV) and everything looked good, including my RBC/ WBC count, they were really good.

Do you recommend that I get an HIV test?

Thank You

You are a virgin. You have never used drugs or needles, and never had a blood transfusion. Why in the world would you think you had HIV? Because you had a wisdom tooth extraction? Did they take out your tooth or your wisdom??? The stuff on your tongue is not related to HIV, because you do not and cannot have HIV based on the story you've related. The lump on your left inner thigh is also not related to HIV for the exact same reason. Both of these "symptoms" may well be totally normal. Check them out with your general medical doctor if they are bothering you.

Do I recommend you get an HIV test? No, I recommend you get a boyfriend instead!

Good luck. Stay well.

82 Days
HGB/HCT O.K. but RBC down with increased MCV & MCH