The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am I HSV +?
Jul 26, 2002

I have had HSV2 for 10 years, I'm 29yo fem. I had unprotected sex with a boyfriend in March. I noticed previously that he had blotchy rashes on his abdomen, but he dismissed them. Anyway, I have recently experienced an infection different to HSV2, and that is a wart-type lump on my labia -the whole area is itchy and I'm worried that he has given me something. I'm having a test at a hospital in 2weeks and am very worried. I have also been having blood tests to test for HCG levels, since I had a Complete Molar Pregnancy in March. I started chemotherapy last week and have been given Methotrexate injections(8days). What could it be? Am I in a high risk situation? I've been feeling incredibly tired and run-down recently also. Your comments would be greatly appreciated, especially before my appointment at the womens hospital.

Response from Dr. Frascino


I really can't diagnose your problem without examining the "wart-type lump." Certainly, it's possible you might have contracted genital warts or another type of STD. Methotrexate can be immunosuppressive and you might develop a vaginal fungal infection that could account for the itching. There are many other possibilities as well. Unprotected sex is always a risk for HIV and STDs. Perhaps you and your boyfriend should both have an STD checkup, including HIV. It's the easiest and quickest way to set your mind (and his) at ease and also treat any problems that may have arisen.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Another Am I infected question ?
82 Days

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint