Another Am I infected question ?

Youre wonderful !! I have been reading your posts for a long time, and I thought I was a worried well , but something has happened. Sorry for my english, but it is not my mother tongue. In 1997 my boyfriend was living with a positive girl without knowing about her status. Hes been taking the test for two years and a half, and always negative. The problem is that in my last Pap-smear I was found a cervical dysplasia, and some kind of fungus and I am really worried because I think that it could be a warning signal for HIV. If my boy had been faithful for two years and a half, would I have been exposed to HIV ? Is it possible a delayed conversion lasting more than 2 years ? Can I move on'? Thanks a lot for your help, and good luck and health.

Your boyfriend had an HIV-positive ex-girlfriend, but since he's tested HIV-negative for 2 1/2 years since he's been with her, he's fine. Two and half years are absolutely conclusive that he did not contract HIV from her. And since he's negative, there is no way he could have given HIV to you. Cervical dysplasia and vaginal fungal infections are extremely common and certainly do not automatically mean you are HIV-positive. You should follow up with your obstetrician. He or she will guide you for any further diagnostic tests or treatments. Yes, both you and your boyfriend can move on, together.

Stay well!

Rash and anemia
Am I HSV +?