Desperate for Advice

Dr Bob My Dearest friend in the whole world is Hiv Positive and has extremely low Tcell counts. He was on the cocktail and has decided to stop all meds due to many side effects. He is extremely unhappy with his medical care and I am desperate to find him help. Most of his days are now spent sleeping and his is so lethargic. He can't find the proper team of Dr's for him.The Therapist were rude and didn't take his concerns seriously. He has contemplated ending his own life if thise disease Doesn't. He currently Lives in the Asbury Park,NJ area if you could give me some Advice where to go for Him.Any Names of Dr's or organizations would be Greatly appreciated. You are truly an Amazing Person. May God Bless you. Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear your friend is having such a difficult time. Finding a knowledgeable and compassionate HIV specialist who is willing to work closely with him is essential. It can be difficult to find and establish this type of relationship when he is already so ill and lethargic. I don't have any personal friends working in the Asbury Park area, but I would suggest you try calling the American Academy of HIV Medicine (866-241-9601) or visiting their website at www.aahivm.org. They have a list of certified HIV specialists all across the country.

Thanks for being your friend's advocate. Don't give up hope! I've seen some dramatic improvements once the proper combination of medications was finally started. Your friend sounds like he's losing his will to survive. He may need some counseling to help him cope with his condition and get over this particularly trying time. Good luck and tell your friend he can write to me anytime.

From the Philippines with Love
re:Please Help Me Understand