From the Philippines with Love

Dear Doctor Robert,

Greetings!

I m still in paranoia but I hope you will be someone who will help me get thru with this. I just need some enlightenment. I am a 20 year old gay from Asia and never did i engaged into oral or anal sex but because of peer pressure one night, they forced me to join them in a massage house. No sex happened. But the wildest thing that I did and keeps me in trauma is this:

**while the massage guy is masturbating, i am very sure that is is semi-erected yet and no ejaculation but I am not sure if he has already a tiny precum I caressed it and afterwards i licked my own palm( just licked my palm ) that did touched his penis. My problem is what if a tiny precum sticked into my palm and afterwards it sticked into my tonque? will i get hiv from there? i am very very worried and my life has been devastating since. because during that incident, i just had a week ago tooth extraction although in the back part ( molar tooth ) of my gum. am i at risk although i did not really put his penis on my mouth. just licked my palm that touched his penis?

please doctor, help me. do i need to have a test although i was able to let that sex worker have a test which was negative but im not convinced since as a sexworker, window period may not be considered because he is exposed everyday.

please advise me.please.

god bless, Filipino Guy

Hey Filipino Guy,

You're worried that "a tiny precum sticked onto your palm and afterwards sticked onto your tongue?" OK, I think I get the picture. You can stop worrying right now. Your risk is so incredibly low as to almost be non-existent. In fact, I'd say you practiced extremely safe sex and you have essentially no reason to be concerned! Do you need a test? I'd say, "No." Not based on this type of exposure risk. If you want to take a test, that's fine. The result will be negative. Check around on this website for more information on safer sexual practices. Sex is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, not worrisome!

Enjoy sex, stay well, be happy.

my sunshine
Desperate for Advice