Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

From the Philippines with Love
Jul 26, 2002

Dear Doctor Robert,

Greetings!

I m still in paranoia but I hope you will be someone who will help me get thru with this. I just need some enlightenment. I am a 20 year old gay from Asia and never did i engaged into oral or anal sex but because of peer pressure one night, they forced me to join them in a massage house. No sex happened. But the wildest thing that I did and keeps me in trauma is this:

**while the massage guy is masturbating, i am very sure that is is semi-erected yet and no ejaculation but I am not sure if he has already a tiny precum I caressed it and afterwards i licked my own palm( just licked my palm ) that did touched his penis. My problem is what if a tiny precum sticked into my palm and afterwards it sticked into my tonque? will i get hiv from there? i am very very worried and my life has been devastating since. because during that incident, i just had a week ago tooth extraction although in the back part ( molar tooth ) of my gum. am i at risk although i did not really put his penis on my mouth. just licked my palm that touched his penis?

please doctor, help me. do i need to have a test although i was able to let that sex worker have a test which was negative but im not convinced since as a sexworker, window period may not be considered because he is exposed everyday.

please advise me.please.

god bless, Filipino Guy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Filipino Guy,

You're worried that "a tiny precum sticked onto your palm and afterwards sticked onto your tongue?" OK, I think I get the picture. You can stop worrying right now. Your risk is so incredibly low as to almost be non-existent. In fact, I'd say you practiced extremely safe sex and you have essentially no reason to be concerned! Do you need a test? I'd say, "No." Not based on this type of exposure risk. If you want to take a test, that's fine. The result will be negative. Check around on this website for more information on safer sexual practices. Sex is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, not worrisome!

Enjoy sex, stay well, be happy.

Dr. Bob

Previous
my sunshine
Next
Desperate for Advice

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.