hyperactivity or suppression of the immune system???

hey doc. let me start by saying that you are the best! now, for my question, is it possible for ars to trigger allergic reactions that one has never had before?? for instance, to jewlery??? this would be in addition to the other common symptoms of fever, etc. i can't figure it out because allergies are a result of an overactive immune system and it seems that during ars one would have a immune suppression. anyways, please let me know. thanks!

An allergic reaction to jewelry is called allergic contact dermatitis. It usually is to the nickel component in jewelry. This type of reaction involves a very specific part of the immune system, which is different from that the part that can cause hay fever or cat allergy or food allergy, etc. Is it related to HIV? No, it's not. During the course of HIV, the body's immune system is initially turned on (revved up) and later becomes deficient (acquired immune deficiency syndrome), as the T-cells get destroyed by the virus. The immunology of HIV is extremely complex, but ARS does not trigger allergic contact dermatitis. It can, however, cause other types of skin problems.

Hope that helps. Stay well.

no risk vs. relatively low risk
my sunshine