Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

3rd Test Negative Still Worried
Jul 22, 2002

I had oral sex with a partner that I don't know the status of. I was the insertive partner. The next day when I stripped to take a shower I know traces of blood in my under and on my penis. I had a test done in 30 days 60 days and 97 days. All test were negative. Should I continue to be worried or presumed okay. I look forward to your response. I have lost 15lbs in 3 weeks since my 97 day test. I know I had a respiratory infection, but I can't shake a cough that is dry and continue to have some drainage from post nasual drip. I have gained 4 lbs back lately. Should I continue to be worried?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Insertive oral sex is considered relatively low risk. Your negative test at 3 months confirms you are not infected. The cough and post-nasal drip are not related to HIV. Perhaps it's allergies, a head cold, or sinus infection. As for the blood, all I can say is next time pick a partner who knows what they are doing. They are not supposed to use their teeth!

So, stop worrying, start eating, and see your doctor about your post-nasal drip and cough.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
testosterone
Next
TESTING OUT OF STATE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.