Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Whahooo 50but condom let me down.toey still
Jul 22, 2002

Hi Dr , I am from sydney aus. I had unprotected vaginal sex (me male ) and had all the symptoms e.c.t . I tested neg after 9 weeks Please tell me how good this is. This is not the end of the story. I went to Thailand and thought this sexy woman had picked me out of the crowd. The women ended up being a man (katoey) Anyway i had sex (me insertive) and you wouldnt believe it but the condom Broke. I think there must have been 4 -10 strokes on my behalf. I came back to aus and 3 weeks after experience had chest infection , head aches e.c.t. I guess my main questions are does there have to be blood from the Katoeys anus (visable) enter my uretha and is 9 weeks for ist silly, drunk experience and 4 weeks neg (unlucky experience) A good start and are my risks classified as low risk.The katoey said it was compulsary that they have regular check ups monthly to stay employed at establishement. Can Anus secretions have HIV in there or is it only when there tends to be tearing and blood is exposed. It was a loose fit and i dont think i am classified as BIG?? Thanks DR just a small response would be great.

Ken.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Aussie Ken,

G'day mate! (Sorry, just couldn't help myself!). Testing negative after 9 weeks is excellent news; however, you should really wait full 3 months before heading out to Doyles on the Beach for a celebration WOO-HOO dinner.

As for the Katoey, just how many Foster's lagers did you have before going home with her, I mean him, I mean - oh whatever . . . . Yes, it is true that many "professionals" in Thailand have to have regular checkups including HIV tests, and the fact that you only "stroked" 4-10 times does lower your risk somewhat, but I'd still recommend another test 12 weeks after this adventure. No, there doesn't necessarily have to be visible blood for an infection to occur.

As for the loose fit and the size of your Mr. Happy, well, I won't comment on that, except to say that it's probably not a significant factor, (at least as far as HIV is concerned).

Now, whether you call this a "small response" or not is up to you! Bottom line: Because of the broken condom, get retested 12 weeks after your Bangkok adventure. The odds are all in your favor for being negative, so try not to worry too much. Hopefully soon you'll be happy, chirping like a crazed kookaburra with the good news of a negative 12-week test.

Stay well and give my best to the lifesavers at Bondi Beach

Dr. Bob

Previous
test
Next
from singapore =)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.