hm...late conversion?

hello frascino....first of all, thank you for your time and caring of other people...

so far i've been tested negative at week 6, 12, 17, 23, and 28 for hiv antibodies.....i am also slightly anemic....can this condition cause late conversion?....one more thing...hope u won't mind....my throat (the back part of my mouth) tastes somewhat bitter....the bitterness then spreads everywhere inside my mouth...i taste the bitterness on some days..and some days i don't have this taste....can this be the result of hiv infection? (assuming i'm a late conversion)....thank you.

ps...i think my abdominal pain is caused by too much acid....anyways....thank you again. one more thing....dr. frascino....do u think i need more testing?...thank you again.

Hello!

Congratulations! You've tested negative beyond the 6-month period. You're negative! No, you certainly do not need any additional testing. In fact, you've had way too much testing already! A 3-month test, based on the type of exposure, would probably have been sufficient. The follow-up at 6 months is absolutely confirmatory. So what were you doing at 6 weeks, 17 weeks, and 23 weeks? Unless you just happen to like getting stuck; or perhaps there is a cute phlebotomist at your lab? Anyway, those extra tests just weren't necessary.

Second question: The bitter taste in your mouth. No, this is not a symptom of HIV. It is, however, very common in people who have reflux. It's most likely related to your "abdominal pain caused by too much acid" symptoms. Gastroesophageal acid reflux can be treated with medications - antacids and anti-reflux meds, some of which are now available over the counter. Check with your doctor as to which ones you should try.

Last, why are you anemic? Check with your doctor. It's certainly not HIV-related, but you should still find out what's going on. Perhaps it's iron or vitamin deficiency. Perhaps the abdominal pain and too much acid are related to an ulcer and you might be losing some blood through your GI track. In any case, it's worth checking this out.

So WOO-HOO. You're negative! Now get those other minor problems attended to and stay well!

Anemia,no GI, Hypothyroid & cramps
Weeks of Aches/Pains from anxiety?... please help!